Your success in life depends more on your ability to SELL than just about any other single factor.
Selling is one of the highest paid professions on the planet. If you can sell, you can literally write your own paycheck, but for this blog post, I’m not referring to the typical salesperson.
No, I’m talking to you, the most important salespeople in life, the housewife, receptionist, schoolteacher, pastor, student, babysitter, coach, politician, attorney, administrative assistant and friend. You all sell. You do it all day, every day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays included.
Just because you’re not in sales, doesn’t mean you aren’t selling. The fact of the matter is….Everybody Sells and your sales career started at an early age.
Just as a company must focus daily on selling its products or services to survive and prosper, an individual must sell others on their ideas to get what they want.
Let’s look at an easily overlooked fact:
You’re Selling When You…
• Cried out for milk as a toddler when you’re hungry.
• Got your mom to give you money for ice cream.
• Faked being sick to stay home from school.
• Pleaded your case to get an increase in allowance.
• Convinced your mom you didn’t eat the cookies.
• Persuaded mom to sleepover at your friends.
• Convinced your parents to take you to Disneyworld.
• Received approval to stay out past curfew.
• Asked out the prettiest girl in the class on a date.
• Convinced your teacher to allow extra credit.
• Made the referee believe it wasn’t you who committed the foul.
• Got the college of your choice to accept you.
• Negotiated a $500 discount off your first car.
• Asked your wife to marry you.
• Communicated your strengths during the job interview.
• Convinced your employer to hire you.
• Sent your boss that memo outlining your proposal.
• Got that promotion over all other candidates.
• Persuaded your wife on seeing a particular movie.
• Pleaded with the officer you weren’t speeding.
• Asked your kids to clean their plates.
• Got your husband to take out the trash.
I’ve been in sales my entire life and whether you realize it or not, so have you. Don’t believe me? Read the story below and see if you don’t agree…You’ve Been Selling Since You Were A Kid.
CLICK HERE to download You’ve Been Selling Since you Were A Kid
Whether you’re selling a product, a service, an idea, and most importantly when you’re selling yourself, everybody sells something.
Since you don’t have a choice whether or not you play the game, you better learn to play it very well.
The question is not, are you a salesperson? The question is, what will you do to become even more effective in honing your sales skills?